If you’re feeling frustrated and nothing seems to be working in your small business, chances are you’ve lost your rhythm. It’s the natural ebb and flow of life. There are moments when we feel unstoppable, like the energy of a powerful wave racing across the ocean. Then, there are times when we lose our biz mojo, feeling more like a wave crashing at the shoreline and retreating back into the sea. At those moments, take a breath to reflect on what got you here so you can catch the next wave.
Here are 5 Winning Ideas to Find Your Rhythm:
- Show Up As Your Best Self: Do something out of your comfort zone, set challenging goals, be a better friend, complain less, let go of excuses, or do a random act of kindness.
- Be Laser-Focused: Focusing on the big picture, biz building activities that get you the biggest results, is way more fun. If it’s not making you money, dump it or delegate it. And, if you’re a work-at-home-mom, put your free labor to work (also known as your kids – responsibility builds confidence and character, after all).
- Bounce Back From Failure: Realize that failure and success are related, like distant cousins. You can’t have one without the other. Dwelling on the woulda coulda shoulda is a waste of your time and energy. Have a pity party (or a glass of wine) for a day or two, then dust yourself off, pull up your big girl panties, and get back to work with a new plan!
- Share Your Gifts and Talents: The easiest way to build your confidence is to do more of what you’re great at. Instead of trying to fix what you’re not good at, which is a huge confidence stealer, rock your superpowers. There is only one unique you!
- Get Out of Your Head: Not everyone will want to do business with you, sign up for your newsletter or say yes to your offers. I even had someone unsubscribe from my newsletter because she said Amazon kept “telling” her to buy my book, and if she wanted to buy it she would. Ouch. Stop taking it personally. Don’t let other peoples’ decisions derail your rhythm.
Lynn Bardowski is an award-winning entrepreneur and bestselling author of Success Secrets of a Million Dollar Party Girl. She speaks to global audiences about work-at-home success, vision and branding and is a resource for press, media and bloggers. Like her on Facebook, follow her on Twitter and subscribe to her YouTube channel. Learn more about her VIP Group: The Visionista Connection.