Looking for fun ideas to generate more holiday sales for your direct sales business? I’ve got ‘em! Keep in mind – when you work your business works, too. Keep your doors open throughout the year (even if it’s just 15 minutes a day) and stay consistent so you never experience business downturns due to too much time chilling in your Christmas PJs.
This post contains affiliate links.
9 Ultimate Tips To Boost Holiday Sales:
1. Hold a Customer VIP Party: Spoil your local customers with a fun night that includes adult beverages, yummy treats, recognition and shopping. Award tickets for fun prize drawings. Ways to earn tickets could include things like: $500 Hostess Club ($500+ parties), bringing a friend, sharing a review (on your Facebook page), shopping and booking a party for the New Year! Watch this video to get more how-to tips to plan a successful VIP Party
2. Mail Photo Holiday Cards: There’s nothing like a photocard of you and your family to build stronger connections with your customers. Include a Customer Appreciation “bring back” coupon for a special offer, discounted shipping or free sample to keep your Customer coming back for more in the New Year.
3. After Christmas Sale: All the big brands hold after-Christmas sales – and you can, too! If your direct sales company is not offering a promotion, create your own by selling off excess inventory. Put removable price stickers on all your products and invite customers over to shop. Go Live on Facebook to share what’s left with all your Facebook friends, who can comment on what they want to buy. Because, “Everything must go!”
4. Offer a “Gift Certificate” with purchase: Make up your own gift certificate (redeemable in January) to offer as a bonus freebie with a specific shopping amount. Example: Spend $50 and get a $10 gift certificate. Keep in mind, most will spend way over the gift certificate amount when they come back to shop in January, which means this promo can pay for itself.
5. Send out Anniversary Cards to January – March Hosts. Re-book last year’s Hosts by sending an anniversary card to congratulate them on their one year Party-versary! Offer an Anniversary gift when they rebook for the New Year!
6. Check the News Feed: The Facebook newsfeed is a gold mine of leads, if you pay attention to what your friends are posting about. Look for friends who might be complaining about a lack of funds, looking for gift ideas or posting about their upcoming fundraiser. Then send a PM to see if you can help! You can also do your own fundraiser to support a local charity or cause by donating a percentage of the profits or asking customers to buy a specific product that will be donated.
7. Hold a Secret Sale: A secret sale is a really fun way to generate business locally and online! Print out postcards and use scratch off stickers to cover up a secret offer. If you have a VIP Customer Group, ask members to text you the words “Secret Sale” to get their scratch off postcard. You can also use scratch off stickers to boost guest attendance at Home and Facebook Parties, by sending them in advance to guests participating in the party.
8. Send a video: Share a product reveal or a fun how-to tip in a short video that includes a call-to-action at the end. Your CTA could be for a specific booking offer to earn the product you shared on the video, resulting in more parties booked in the New Year.
9. Hold a Team Challenge: If you’re a direct sales leader, rally your team to achieve a specific sales, booking or sponsoring goal by creating a challenge event in your group. Events are more effective because everyone can see all your information in one place, vs. trying to find posts on the main feed. And you can invite all your group members to join in with one click. It’s basically just like a Facebook Party. Delegate training topics to your Leader Team and Super Stars – which is also a form of recognition – and encourage speakers to go LIVE at pre-scheduled times so everyone knows when to tune in.
Ready to really rock your direct sales biz? Join my VIP Group for direct sellers and get 2 free gifts: What to post on your Facebook Page to book more Facebook parties and Facebook Party Tips & Tools – with the CEO and Creative Director of CinchShare. Learn more.
Lynn Bardowski is an award-winning entrepreneur and bestselling author of Success Secrets of a Million Dollar Party Girl. She speaks to global audiences about Direct Sales Success, Women’s Empowerment, and Social Selling and is a resource for press, media and bloggers. Like her on Facebook, follow her on Twitter and subscribe to her YouTube channel.