I was so excited to be named Visionista of the Week by speaker, writer, mentor and founder of Million Dollar Party Girl, Lynn Bardowski. Lynn defines Visionista as ‘a woman who knows who she is, where she’s going and guides her tribe of leading ladies to the top’. Wow…this title is definitely an honor! I was even more excited to talk with Lynn and her listeners on her radio talk show Thursday, 6/20. My hope was to inspire women and provide them with confidence and the tools to reach their dreams by sharing my journey with Mommy Masters®. Here is a re-cap of my interview, including a summary of the tips I shared.
I founded Mommy Masters® as a resource for parents looking to create flourishing family environments. I offer tips, tricks, tools, reassurance and confidence in overall parental decision making. One of my tools is “Music is Magical, Children’s Songs with Ellie”.
With Mommy Master of the Month, my goal is to encourage women and provide a platform for those who have an idea, a concept or a product that they believe will change the world. I wanted to give back and help other women, as so many have helped me along my journey. July submissions are now being accepted!
My vision is to provide women with the tools and confidence to master motherhood and to let moms know that they are not alone. What I’ve learned and what I share with others:
- Stop making excuses.
- Be willing to work really hard.
- Don’t regret the things you do, regret the things you don’t do.
- Lead by example.
- Don’t be afraid to fail. If you try and fail, you have succeeded.
- Have confidence. You can do this!
- Believe in yourself.
- Don’t worry if you are a beginner; you have to start somewhere.
- Don’t compare yourself to anyone else.
- Create a support system for yourself.
- Share your journey with friends and family so they can share in your success.
- Don’t try and be a superhero; get a sitter or mother’s helper to lighten your load.
- Ask for help when you feel overwhelmed, tired and ready to give up.
- Enjoy your journey. Celebrate your successes.
- Extend your journey; don’t stop just because you have reached your destination.
Take advantage of all my tips and listen to the full interview here.
For more great tips, tricks and tools, head to MommyMasters.com.